Broken Dreams Pudding
Keri of ThreeDifferentWays stated: “I need someone to come up with a Broken Dreams pudding, that smells sweet but tastes tart, and has an alcoholic center. Please.”
So I got on to the thinking because if SoulBites is not for coming up with metaphorically sound recipes, then life must not have any meaning at all. Here’s what I got:
- Instant Chocolate Pudding (we’re being creative here, not overly ambitious)
- Caramel vodka in the mixing milk (something like “moloko plus,” but without the gratuitous referencing)
- Pomegranate Arils (this is how we stay on-trend because that’s very important, you know)
- Powdered Sugar (for keeping it high-classed, and that’s not just a lie)
- If I have to tell you how to make instant pudding, I’ll still love you, but it will never be quite the same between us.
- Using a counterclockwise motion, mix in pomegranate arils while chanting an eerie incantation of your choosing
- Dust with powdered sugar. I already told you why.
How to Consume
- Vigorously spoon into mouth
- As you feel each pomegranate aril pop against your pointy teeth, and all the juice run out, and all the seed masticated into oblivion, exclaim, “There goes another dream!” and laugh and laugh and laugh.
Note: This process will become more natural as the vodka begins to do its business and each dream, broken and chewed, gets genuinely funnier than the wrecked one before it.